The following FAQs should be helpful to you as you consider either serving on the CREW San Francisco Board or in nominating a fellow CREW SF member.
What are the benefits of serving on the CREW San Francisco Board?
• Opportunity to influence the future direction and benefits of membership in CREW SF and the Network
• Expanded professional connections that benefit you and your clients
• Increased public exposure to the membership, programs and speakers
• Opportunities to build business
• Develop leadership skills and experience that benefit the chapter, your company and you, including: speaking and presentation skills, consensus building, and strategic planning
What is the commitment?
• Board service for Directors is a two-year term; President Elect is a three-year term (President-Elect, President, and Immediate Past President)
• Each Board member attends: o the monthly Board Meeting o the annual half-day planning retreat o at least six (6) CREW SF events throughout the year (in addition to monthly meetings)
• Each Director is a liaison to one CREW SF Committee, and attends the monthly Committee meeting.
• Director obligations typically will entail from 4-10 additional hours a month of phone calls, contact with potential speakers, prospective new members, sponsors, etc.
• Network Delegates will attend the National Convention, which generally run Wednesday-Friday of one week in September or October, as well as two, 2-day long Delegate meetings each year.
• All Board members are encouraged to represent CREW SF at local, regional and national events as a visible demonstration of their commitment to the organization.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
• Any Professional member of CREW SF in good standing may be nominated to serve on the Board.
• Please note that Associate members of CREW SF (those with less than five years of experience in real estate) and members of the 2019 Governance Committee are not eligible to run for the 2020 Board.
What qualifications do successful Board members have?
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Understanding and support of CREW SF’s mission, goals and objectives
• Possesses the requisite institutional knowledge of CREW SF, including an understanding of the bylaws, policies, and CREW Network.
• An ability to work well with others to achieve consensus and reach common goals
• A desire to see CREW SF be a successful and exciting organization serving the needs of its members
• Each candidates for President-Elect will have actively participated in one or more of the CREW SF Committees and preferably will either be a current member of the Board of Directors or have served on the Board of Directors in recent years.
• Candidates for Network Delegate generally have both experience with the CREW SF Board and a working knowledge of the CREW Network, which they may have gained from attending conventions or regional meetings, or working with CREW members in other chapters around the country.
• Candidates for Director generally have experience with CREW SF’s Committees and will serve as an advocate and recruiter for their respective Committee.
What do I do if I am interested or would like to nominate someone for the Board?
The Nomination Period is open from June 1st through June 30th, 2019. We encourage all candidates who are interested in exploring the possibilities of Board service to contact a member of the Governance Committee.
What happens after I am nominated?
During July you will be asked to complete an application form describing your professional work responsibilities, your current and past involvement in CREW, and your interest in certain CREW committees or activities that you’d like to focus on during Board service. Following submission of the application, the Governance Committee will reach out to you to schedule an interview on August 22nd.
We strongly encourage you to nominate yourself or others in our organization. Please call any current board member to find out how rewarding serving on the board of CREW SF or working on a CREW committee can be. You may also reach out to any member of this year’s Governance Committee:
CREW SF 2019 Governance Committee
Stacie Goeddel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Molly Jans, email@example.com
Samantha Low, firstname.lastname@example.org
Samantha Beatty, email@example.com
Alicia Deschamps, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristy Dutch, email@example.com
Donna Schumacher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!