Thank you for being part of the CREW SF community. To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions about the policy or concerns about a member violating these rules, contact a member of the Chapter Board.
We want you to be as successful as possible when connecting with CREW members and achieving your goals. As you know, there is never a cold call in CREW Network, however below are recommended best practices when engaging with members.
CREW SF is here to build people up in their careers, not tear them down. Focus on the content of the messaging and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to those at different stages of their career, newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
Do not send commercial messages.
CREW SF is NOT a lead-generation group or strictly for the purpose of business development.
Use the CREW SF community to build personal and professional relationships: share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with other members in a respectful way. CREW Network is all about networking, but please do not reach out directly to other CREW SF members that you don't personally know about your product(s) or service(s) unless it is in response to a discussion post seeking such product or service.Use of attendee or membership lists for commercial messages or to add to a company newsletter is strictly prohibited. If you are reaching out to a list or large group of people on behalf of CREW, please use the chapter Hubspot account with proper branding. If reaching out to an individual or small group, please keep it to CREW-related messaging, not commercial messaging.
Note our policy when promoting events, certifications, charitable causes or classes.
Have a CREW Network, CREW SF or affiliate group event to promote to fellow members? GREAT! Feel free to submit it to us with one of these forms
Do you have professional news to share...maybe a new certification, a company promotion, company change, a business deal with or shout out to a fellow CREW member, etc? FANTASTIC! Feel free to submit it to us with one of these forms
Do you have a charitable cause or class that you enjoy? LOVE IT! Please reach out to fellow CREW members that you PERSONALLY know to share it with them. No matter how great the cause or class may be, many folks consider an email from someone they don’t know as possible spam.
Understand the terms and conditions of membership.
The below terms were included when you applied for CREW San Francisco membership and are listed below as a reminder.
- CREW Network memberships are based on a calendar year, and expire on December 31 of each year. CREW Network will bill members for the upcoming year's dues in November; members will have a grace period through February 14, in which membership benefits remain intact, to submit dues and retain active membership.
- Membership is tied to the individual and is non-transferable from person to person, either within a company or otherwise.
- Membership dues are non-refundable, and must be paid prior to activation or renewal of said membership.
- Membership dues are due upon receipt of invoice from CREW Network, and no later than 120 days after invoice is initially sent.
- Membership dues are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes, but may be deductible as business expenses.
- CREW SF members will not share the membership list with nonmembers nor inundate fellow members with sales & marketing emails.
- CREW SF members will keep their contact information current on their online member profile, updating with applicable changes within 30 days of said change.
- CREW SF members are in good standing with all applicable licensing requirements of their profession, and agree to abide by CREW Network's governing regulations, and to uphold the highest professional and ethical standards of CREW Network and their profession.